SATURN ION COOLANT PROBLEM

2003 Saturn Ion • 98,000 miles

Coolant warning light has always been on since I purchased this car used a couple years ago and Saturn service reps/techs couldn't figure it out or fix it at the time, after determining that it was not a coolant level, overheating, or related issue, so I have just ignored the warning light and beeping trouble indicator (tried) all this time, (and still also often check coolant regularly, just in case.) Anyway, doing a recent bit of Saturn Ion research for a another issue, I see that this coolant sensor going out is a fairly common occurence, but my manual doesn't have enough info for this type of repair or even for checking/troubleshooting. Therefore, can someone in the know, give me more details on checking and/or replacing coolant light sensor, etc? Please and thank you for any responses.

Heres what you do first unplug the coolant level switch on the bottle did the light go out?If so check wiring terminal tightness etc if all is good replace the coolant level switch.