ACC AND TEMPERATURE SENSORS

2003 SAAB 9-3 • 6 cylinder FWD Manual • 72,000 miles

Hello, I am wondering the relationship between the ACC, the external temp sensor, and the internal cabin temp sensor.

I have a 2003 9-3 and on the HUD it displays the outside temperature. A couple days ago, the temperature started to show all kinds of things. Temps from -40 to 24 to 65 to 100 to just ---. This seems to me that the external sensor is at fault. However at the same time now my climate control seems to be changing with that temp. When it reads 24 it starts to spew hot air. When it's at 100 the AC comes on. But I am thinking that while the outside temp is nice to know, wouldnt the ACC put out heat or AC depending on the internal cabin temp? If the internal sensor was wrong I could see that the air would change accordingly to keep the cabin hot/cold. But it's weird, it almost seems to follow the temp on the HUD which is external. Any ideas? Is the whole ACC just bad?

Wsboxer

External Temp sensor can effect HVAC operation. Located center front spoiler

Docfixit