RENAULT SCENIC NOISE PROBLEM

2003 Renault Scenic • 67,000 miles

My car has been making a strange whining nose from under the bonnet, this gets louder on acceleration. The garage thinks it might be the power steering pump, I, m not convinced, anyone experienced anything like this.

Either P/S pump or trans oil pump

Docfixit
Ok, had a few different diagnosis from various garages, one said something about the belt, another the pulley and the one pump, if it was the p s pump wd this not affect the car in anyway.

GOLDILOX
Difficult to diagnose noise via internet but P/S pump whine would cause no noticable effects

Docfixit
That sounds about right then, it's not affecting the car at all, is this likely to be an expensive job and is it one only a garage can do. Thanks for your help.

GOLDILOX
Check to be sure level is good when hot also may try a P.S additive

Docfixit
Than you, my husband did replace the pipe on this a few years ago because it was leaking, could an air block or something else cause this, as far as I am aware the level of fluid is fine.

GOLDILOX
Damage may have been done whenhose was leaking would consider additive

Docfixit