WHAT WOULD CAUSE POPPING AND CLICKING AT LOW SPEEDS WITH MEDIUM TO TIGHT TURNS?

2003 Pontiac Sunfire • 125,000 miles

Ok, The car was fine when parked, sat for almost a year. Started driving again recently and noticed when backing out or pulling from parking spaces or turning in the driveway a clinking and popping sound that sounds like something is broken. It only does this at very low speed, i.E, 1-5 mph. There is no noises when driving regularly, no noises in higher speed tight turns. You can turn the steering wheel very slowly sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Also noticed with this popping noise my car seems to be setting a lot lower over the front tire on the drivers side. Also, this popping has not affected the overall performance of the car in normal driving speeds. No steering slack, or pulling to one side or the other. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks
Bunny19781978

Sounds like possible drive axle noise, are any of the boots split, and show signs of grease leaking out. With centrifugal force, the grease will be out in no time. The residual grease in the joint works as an air filter, sweeping all the abrasive particles out of the air.

Factoryjack
Sounds like the cv joints. Check for damaged / torn rubber boots.

Ashleyadam
Have you check the sway bar bushings? My 04 was going that and that's all it was

Wh473v3r