OLDS CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL

2003 Oldsmobile Alero

Hello. My 2003 Olds Alero's Climate Control Panel needs to be replaced. I want to fix this myself. How do I go about replacing it? I am pretty sure I can get this part from salvage. I need as much information as possible! This will be my first time working on the A/C. Thank you.
Vegegirl

HVAC CONTROL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1. Remove the accessory trim panel.

2. Disconnect the vacuum hose harness (1) from HVAC control assembly.
3. Disconnect the rear defroster control electrical connector (2) from the HVAC control assembly.
4. Disconnect the vacuum hose harness connector (3) from the HVAC control assembly.
5. Disconnect the blower motor switch electrical connector (4) from the HVAC control assembly.

6. Remove the HVAC control assembly screws.
7. Remove the HVAC control assembly from the accessory trim panel.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Install the HVAC control assembly to the accessory trim panel.
2. Install the HVAC control assembly retaining screws.

NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

Tighten
Tighten the screws to 2 N.M (18 lb in).

3. Connect the blower motor switch electrical connector (4) to the HVAC control assembly.
4. Connect the vacuum hose harness (3) to the HVAC control assembly. Secure the connector on the tab.
5. Connect the rear defroster control electrical connector (2) to the HVAC control assembly.
6. Connect the vacuum hose harness connector (1) to HVAC control assembly.
7. Install the accessory trim panel.

Wrenchtech
Thank you for an answer. I was wondering if I could get a little bit more first time A/C repairer language? I am not sure of what most of this is saying to me. Thank you.

Vegegirl
Then you probably should let someone else do it for you. Even with complete instructions, there is a basic amount of experience required to know how to remove some of these things without breaking them.

Wrenchtech