MAXIMUM GLE "GURGGLE?"

2003 Nissan Maxima • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 95 miles

During rutine intown driving conditions, between40 and 50 mph there seems to be a gurggling sound. Sounds like low octaine. We have 95k miles on it. Recently replaced plugs with oem, ran a tank with sea foam, ran a tank of 93 oct gas, with no change. Average mpg is 23. Also noticed a few times it seems to turnover more than normal when starting.
Tmaj9447

It is not easy to understand noises over the net so unless you can be very specific about the noise and its occurrence under specific conditions, it would not be easy for us to help you.

Is the Check Engine Light indicating and have you tried to retrive for trouble codes?

Some trouble codes do not trigger the CEL and does not have any freeze frame data so it is best to get the scan done with a scan tool plugged in.

Okay, I will try to explain it better. When slowly accelerating from 45 to 50 I hear what sounds like a low octaine gurgle or pinging. This happens no other time through out the driving range. Seems to idel smoothly and has plently of power. The only other sound I can relate it to is the sound a diesel engine make when it is at idel. I am working on having a scan done, will let you know the results.

Tmaj9447
When the knock sensor fails, it can emit abnormal noises and this sensor does not trigger the MIL. Wil be waiting for your results of the scan.

Well I am not sure if I should be happy or not the scan results returned that everything is operating within normal ranges. Sigh

Tmaj9447
It could be a mechanical problem and since you are not able to detect it, guess it is time to get professional on the spot advice as it is not possible to detect noises online.

Update. This afternoon the car shutoff while pulling out of a parking spot. Put it in park, started it, and proceeded to leave the parking lot when again it shut off. Repeated the above and drove it to next destination aprox. 6 miles with it still producing the gurggle sound mentioned before. Any ideas?

Tmaj9447
The engine stalling could be due to a dirty throttle body, IAAC and IACV. GEtting them cleaning should solve the problem of the stalling.

As to the gurgling noise, it would have to depend on where it is coming from.

Update, threw a code that the canshaft sensor (bank2). Where is bank2, left or right, front or back? I see both sensors one on each cam, not sure how to locate which one is bank1 and bank2.

Tmaj9447
Bank 2 is the one in front of vehicle.

Okay now the camshaft sensor replaced the car runs, although it seems after starting the car idels rough for a few seconds. Sigh

Tmaj9447