WHEELS BLOCKED IN

2003 Nissan Almera • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

Almera 2003 was left not used for some 2 weeks on handbreak cause the battery went dead. After I have changed the battery, engine starts as normal, but the wheels seem to be blocked and I can't move them. I have checked the wheels but can't see anything, though it looks/feels like its only one of the wheels (rear) can't move. Any suggestions?
Djana

You can raise the wheel that is locked open the bleeder on the brake and work wheel back and forth until it releases then retighten bleeder should be ok then

Billymac
What could cause it? Will the problem come back?

Djana
This is normal if a car has the park brake engaged for a prolonged period the brake just sticks. May happen if you leave the park brake set for a long time. Anything that is not used is subject toseize. Best thing to do is not set brake when car is stored or periodically release brake.

Billymac
This wheel can move a little bit, I can move it but within very limited motion.
After rising the wheel I tried if I can move it, It felt like the car is in the first gear, so I don't think it's the break, it feels like the problem is mechanical. I will try what you suggested tommorow.
PS. I didn't know you can bleed handbrake, thought it was only footbrake

Djana
Lol good point. Most newer cars have rear disc brakes and a shoe inside the rotor however if it is rear drums then it will be operated by a cable. If I am understanding your question. Your rear wheel will not turn? And do you have disc brakes on the wheel that will not turn?

Billymac
Unfortunately it's pouring down today so I cannot look at the car. I think that its not disk brake but drum brake, the wheel will move a tiny bit back and forth when pushed.

Djana
Ok well if drum brake cracking the bleeder will release it. If it don't then something inside hub has come loose

Billymac