MY CAR IS OVERHEATING, ALMOST EVERYTHING IN. THE COOLING SYSTEM IS NEW, PLEASE HELP!

2003 Mitsubishi Galant • 100,200 miles

2003 galant 4 cyl 2.4 overheating mainly on the highway when decelerating/braking conditions, used to get cooler upon acceleration (at highway speeds) but doesn't any more, stays around 3/4 and up on the temp guage. The water pump, timing belt, radiator, hoses, and thermostat and bypass have been changed within the last year. The heater core was blocked off just recently (live in Miami, no need for heater). The radiator and heater core hoses were replaced recently as well. The water pump belt is supposedly new, but appears to be in fair-rough condition. There areno external leaks. There is no intermix of oil and coolant so I don't suspect the head gasket is breached. The fans come on, but I recently had to bang on the fan with a hammer to get it to spin. It does spin. When the a/c is switched on, both of them. There is mainly water in the cooling system, all the coolant I've had to put in got expensive after a while. The reservoir level is low and very rusty orange in color inside. There is a belt squeal in the mornings, I'm not sure which belt is making the noise. Is it possible that the excessive water to coolant ratio is causing this? I'm frustrated with this thing and don't want to put anymore money into it if I don't have to. Please help!
Rickyblade

Try having the cooling system bleed out, don't work have it block and pressure tested