MINI COOPER DEALER PROBLEM

2003 Mini Cooper • 10,000 miles

Bought car 3/12 and 11/12 heater and ac control shut down and also some other electrical malfunctions[ delay of windows an lights operating]. I took the car to local allpurpose repair place[ goodyear] who said they could ck the electical for $95. They recommended a new heat - ac main control for $900 plus labor. I got it on line used for $120 and put it in myself. Still doesnt work. So I took it to a small foreign care repair bussiness ive used before. He quoted me $900 for an electronic part[ moduole]. Now he wants $1100 more for aother module thats shorted out. Is this a case of not diagnosing the original problem correctly. How flexible in pricing should I be. Im a self imployed home improvement contractor for 30 years and try to up- front with my customers if it will hard to diagnose. The mechanic works out of his garage and probably has limited diagnostic equipment.
Twisting

Yes, it sounds like a severe case of mis-diagnosis to me. What year is it? How many miles?

Homer1967
Sorry I didn't see that info at first.

Homer1967
The car has100,000 miles instead of 10,000 . How complex is the elec system and how many expensive modules are there. Im tempted to buy diagnostic equip and manual and do it myself. I like problem solving and could always pay you for advice. Also it took 3 wks before he let me know it needed another module aother 1000 bucks

Twisting
I honestly beleive the least expensive route to take would be to take it to a mini dealer, they have all of the factory info such as wiring diagrams, module locations, pin arrangement. And not to mention the proper tooling. Mini does not release a lot of info.

Homer1967