LOTS OF WARNING LIGHTS, CAR WON'T START, WON'T SHIFT - SHORT CIRCUIT OR BAD BATTERY?

2003 Mercedes Benz ML320 • 90,000 miles

My 2003 ml320 went crazy last night. The car would not start, but a jump got it running. However, the BAS ESP, ETS, ABS and Check engine lights turned on, the Brake light would come on every time I hit the brakes (usually just comes on with parking brake pulled), and when I would hit about 3000rpm, it would slow down and kick me back down to 2k rpm and wouldn't shift gear. One tow later. We had the tow truck jump us to roll up the window, with the tows battery still connected via cables, none of the problems manifested; I even revved the engine in neutral and it was fine. As soon as the cables were removed, all those problems came back. The battery is 1 week old, was there an issue with installation, is it just a bad battery, bad alternator, short circuit? Thanks!
Eskipo

Have the battery and alternator checked for charging. A new battery can be bad