CAR DO NOT START AFTER ENGINE TURN OFF DURING DRIVING.

2003 Mazda 323 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 110,200 miles

2003 Mazda 323F GLX, Engine has been change and car was running with bad idle for 2 weeks. Car do not start after engine turn off during driving. Car crank good but do not start. No fuel-pump prime and no spark. Fuel-pump-Relay is oke. Fuel-pump turn when touch the relay manually. ECU has been tested and find oke. What could be the problem?
Do appreciate a helpful answer.
Many thanks.
Nelmartis

Could be a crank sensor. If no signal is going to the pcm that the motor is turning. The fuel pump and spark will not be turned on.
You need a scan tool to verify engine rpm reading while cranking.
How was the pcm tested? Who verified it was ok?

Many thanks for your fast reply. By the way, the Camshaft and Cranckshaft Sensors has been replaced by a new one. After that time the engine never had a good idle rpm, and I drive it till the engine stops while driving. After @ 2 weeks driving (engine swap)The ECU was disconnected and we fly over to a Qualify ECU Rebuild Company in Miami, Fl at SW 120th Street. They are Profesional in Quality Rebuilt Engine (ECU) and Transmission (TCU) Computers. They using Simulators for testing each procces. I got a 12 month warranty. After returning back home and connecting the ECU, there is no priming of the fuel-pump and no spark. Waiting for your reply. Nelson.

Nelmartis
Ok. Good. Now, did you verify power and grounds to the pcm? Look in your fuse box and use a test light or voltmeter to verify voltage on both sides of the fuse. You may have an additional fuse box inside the car on the end of the instrument panel by the drivers door.

Thanks Roy. The additional Fuse-box inside the car has been checked already and all fuses are oke. But I will doubble check them all and also the Fuse-box nearby the engine. All relays are oke. I took them of one by one and tested. I did not check the voltage and will do that. The harnass (wiring) also has been check and is oke. The harnass looks/is pretty new with good isolation. The car has a millage of @ 68,000 Miles without any accident. Hope to have informed you accordingly. ECU # ZM1218881D (E2T88675HA) Nelson.

Nelmartis
Good luck

Roy, thank you. Today I will troubleshoot and reply to you. If you got anything more, just inform me. Again many thanks.
Nelson

Nelmartis
Roy, good news.
The car starts and it is back on track since Feb 2011.
Many thanks for the advise and be so kind to help me find and solved the problem.
The keyword was "the Crank-Shaft Sensor".
It was not properly installed. (It was to close to the Crank-Shaft).
After moving it a little bit from the shaft, I turn the key and the engine started immediatly. It was a verry good feeling.
You are verry thankful.
Many thanks Roy.

Nelmartis
Dear Roy,
In my happiness I forgot to tell you about the idlle of the engine. I feel that it could be better. I do not know if it is because of a "no start" for a long period (since Feb 2011). Is there any sensor involve are what do you think? MAF-Sensor, SO2-Sensor.
Thank you.

Nelmartis
Dear Roy,
In my happiness I forgot to tell you about the idlle of the engine. I feel that it could be much better. Do you think it is because of the long "no start" period (since Feb 2011). Is there any sensor involve for this? MAF-Sensor, Oxigen-Sensor. What do you think or advise.
Thank you.

Nelmartis
Mass air flow is a major contributor to idle quality. Make sure the hose from the air filter to the throttle body is not cracked.
Also, the pcv line is a common failure it is down by the starter and is difficult to access.