LINCOLN NAVIGATOR RADIATOR PROBLEM

2003 Lincoln Navigator • 125,000 miles

Trying to locate the air compressor relay on 2003 lincoln navigator I looked behind the passenger headlight and nothing there iam going crazy looking for it called dealer not help
Pink lady

It is on drivers side that is left front

Docfixit
Where exacltly

Pink lady
Auxillary relay box #1

Docfixit
Nothing there just wanted to confirm te part again its for a 2003 Lincoln navigator air suspension relay part # F3LZ 2C013B

Pink lady
No, it's on the right side, near the bottom of the radiator support. It's a long, flat, multi wire plug.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/102969068.gif

Wrenchtech
I also found that diagram and nothing I removed headlamp nothing I removed bumper nothing ready to blow this car up
Any other ideals

Pink lady
There are no other ideas. It is there.

Wrenchtech
Check production date if after Feb. 3, 2003 then relay is on compressor bracket just above compressor attached to Radiator support right side engine compartment. This system is plagued with problems

Docfixit
If the vehicle is indeed late production, the entire electrical circuit is changed because one relay is solid state and the other is mechanical. Here's an excerpt from the TSB on that.

F: COMPRESSOR RELAY CHANGE - VEHICLES BUILT AFTER FEBRUARY 3, 2003

Navigator vehicles built prior to February 3, 2003 use a solid-state relay for the air suspension compressor motor. The control line from the module is grounded to energize the relay. The relay is located on the radiator support on the right side just behind the headlamp assembly.

Both Navigator and Expedition vehicles equipped with air suspension built since February 3, 2003 utilize a mechanical relay for the compressor motor. The control line from the module is grounded to energize the relay. The relay is located on the compressor bracket just above the compressor attachment to the radiator support on the right side.

In addition, there are important wiring differences between the two relays. Early production vehicle relays have one power feed, where late production relays have two (both are hot at all times). The solid-state relay also employs an external full-time ground, where the mechanical relay does not. See Figure 2 for more details.

Wrenchtech