KIA SEDONA DOOR PROBLEM

2003 Kia Sedona • 11,000 miles

The rear heater is working put the front air is blowing gout cold air? It's not the thermostat
Klouks

Ok, assuming you are correct, it could be a clogged heater core, blend door motor not changing the door. Have them checked

Is the blend door under the dash? How do you check it?

Klouks
Yes, it is an electric motor and due to low voltage, it is monitored from a scan tool which can force the door to move back and forth.

I have been under dash and found door that operate vents but not the blend door. Can you tell me where it is?

Klouks
TEMP. ACTUATOR POTENTIOMETER

INSPECTION (FRONT)

Temperature control actuator is installed in the heater unit case. The control switches and the vent duct switch will operate actuator to regulate the temperature and discharge air.
Verify that the temp actuator operates to the warm position when connecting 12 V to the terminal 1 and grounding terminal 3.
Verify that the temp actuator operates to the cool p0sition when connecting in the reverse.