DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM ID THE CLUTCH OR SOMETHING ELSE.

2003 Kia Rio • 217,000 miles

I have a manual 2003 kia rio. It has 217,000 miles on it. It has the origional clutch in it. When I was driving it one day I stopped on the side of the road, and I went to take off again but the car would not engage, in any gear. I tried turning the car off and starting it in gear but it would not engage. Every gear I put the car in seemed as if it was in nuetral. Should I replace the clutch or could there be something else wrong.
Biggkat97

Suspect internal trans problem

Docfixit
Could be transmission, clutch or drive train problems.

Prior to this occurring, did engine seem to race while you have lack of accelerating speed?

No before this happened the engine seemed to run fine. It didnt rev higher until I gave it gas.

Biggkat97
What I meant was when you gave gas, did the engine seem to race very high with less than normal accelerating power?

No, it always accelerated smoothly. It never seemed to race high, or have wierd acceleration.

Biggkat97
Clutches don't fail immediately so that leaves you with the drive trains and transmission.