CLUTCH WON'T ENGAGE

2003 Jeep Wrangler • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 98,000 miles

I can't get my clutch to engage, was working fine before the cold weather hit. I was wondering if it may be a fluids freezing problem? 2003 jeep wrangler
B-mc

All Righty Then,

Imma guessing you mean that the Clutch is ENGAGED

And you are unable to disengage the Pressure Plate, Via Mr. Clutch Pedal/ Clutch Master Cylinder/ Slave Cylinder.....In order to put him in gear?

I do not know your rig real well, but understand the clutch system of Older CJs....Imma CJ Kinda Guy!

Have you/ Can you See whats happening at the bell housing when you push the pedal (it may be hidden in there)

Do you have Fluid in the Clutch Master Cylinder?......Have you let it run out (go Dry)?

The Fluid should not freeze, unless it's got water in it, if its still transparent and not milky (I doubt water is the issue)

I may can assist you with it (bleeding)

It also could be the Clutch master cylinder has gone to "POT", The "O" rings might be allowing the fluid to slip by

I would attempt to bleed 1st, you will have to bleed if anything in the system is replaced

Can you see any evidence of leaking at the CMC or the Slave Cylinder?

This is what the CMC looks like----they also offer a improvement? Investigate it (over $250)

This is the slave

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_TECHnovation-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-Perfection-Clutch_19340082-P_236_R%7CGRP60006_810092366___#

Since I do not know your vehicle well, do you see bleeder screw(s) on these partsespecially on the Slave?

Your Turn

The Medic