JEEP CHEROKEE DOOR PROBLEM

2003 Jeep Cherokee • 145,000 miles

Wshen the engine has been shut off, the cooling fan for the radiator continues to run until the battery is discharged. What is the potential probloem areas to fix this?

MOST LIKELY THE COOLING FAN RELAY'S CONTACTS ARE STUCK

A GOOD "THUMP" WITH YOUR FINGER MIGHT UN-STICK IT

HOWEVER. IT'S SURE TO DO IT AGAIN!

MY PAL HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM A FEW MONTHS BACK

I THINK HIS IS A "2000"

I WAS NOT THERE, BUT HE AND ANOTHER FRIEND. AFTER MEGA SEARCHING

FOUND HE RELAY SORTA BEHIND/ UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE HEADLIGHT

HE SAID YOU COULD SEE IT WAY BACK IN THERE WITH THE BATTERY REMOVED---BUT COULD NOT GET TO IT

THERE IS A PLASTIC COVER OVER IT THAT HE SAID YOU MUST REMOVE MUCH OF THE FRONT END TO REMOVE, JUST THE COVER

INSTEAD OF GOING THRU ALL OF THAT WORK----HE OPTED FOR AN EZier WAY OUT!

HE SAID A DREMEL TOOL WOULD HAVE CUT A "TRAP DOOR" INTO THE PLASTIC COVER TO ACCESS THE RELAY----HIS WAS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE TIME

HE DID THE NEXT BEST THING

THEY REMOVED THE HEADLIGHT HOUSING---TO GET WHERE THEY NEEDED (DON'T MESS WITH THE "AIMING ADJUSTMENTS"---YOU WANT THE LIGHT TO AIM WHERE IT DID, BEFORE YOU TOOK IT OUT!)

THE PLASTIC COVER IS JUST A COVER AND IS NOT AN "IMPORTANT PART"

THEY KINDA DID A LITTLE "LINING UP"---THEN USED A SOLDERING IRON TO "MELT CUT" A TRAP DOOR THRU THE COVER

THE RELAY WAS THEN CHANGED OUT

HE HAD NOT CUT THE "TRAP DOOR" ALL THE WAY AROUND---SO IT WAS STILL SORTA ON A HINGE

HE LAID IT BACK IN PLACETHEN USED BLACK RVT (SILICONE) SEALANT TO SEAL UP HIS CUTS

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT TEARING INTO THE WHOLE FRONT END!

I'M MORE OF A REAL JEEP KINDA GUY---I'M NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH YOURS

I DID GET YOU A COUPLE OF DIAGRAMS SHOWING OTHER RELAYS THAT MAY PLAY INTO THE EQUATION---SHOULD THE ONE I DISCUSSED NOT BE THE ONESWAPPING THEM WITH AN "EXACT TWIN" IN YOUR BOX (ONE AT A TIME) MAY PROVE WHETHER THEY MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM OR NOTBEFORE YOU BUY A REPLACEMENT

THE OTHER DIAGRAM SHOWS THE LOCATION OF THE RELAY I DISCUSSED AT 1ST

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES