TRANSMISSION

2003 Infiniti G35 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 90,000 miles

I have infiniti g35 coupe I lost the acceleration on the car I was told it could be the transmission, after few minuts the car do accelerat but not like befor 0 to 60 in few seconds now it take much more time, what could it be? How can I chk it? Could the transmision be fixed? Or must be changed?
Yossi

What do you mean by loss of acceleration? Engine races while vehicle does not accelerate?

Have you checked the transmision fluid level?

Is the Check Engine Light indicating?

Yes the RPM goes to 5 but the car accelerat slow.
Like a a regular car not like a sportcar.
After few mints of driving it start accelerating little at a time

Yossi
Symptoms indicates the transmission is slipping. Have you checked the transmission fluid level? Is the Check Engine Light indicating?

No light nothing ! The only problem is when I accelerate the RPM goes all the way but the car move slowly its taking much more time to reach the speed I want. Eventually I get to the speed.
Is that mean the transmision is gonnnne or is their hope to save it.

Yossi
CHECK the transmission fluid level. If it is low, you might still have some hope, otherwise too bad, it is due for retirement.