MY SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE ALL THE WAY, JUST HALF WAY THEN AUTOMATICALLY OPENS FULLY. WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM?

2003 Infiniti FX • 99,972 miles

My sunroof opens but once I go to close it all the way, it kicks itself back to open again.
Gmcenvoyriddnhotmailcom

When it gets restricted for whatever reason, it automaticlly defaults to the open position thinking someone hand or other body part is there.

Have the tracks checked and serviced. Usually simple servicing

Was battery disconnected or any repairs carried out?

Try this to see if it works. Use manual procedure for closing the sunroof first.

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE

If the sunroof does not close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to normal.

1. Close the sunroof if it is not in the closed position. It may be necessary to repeatedly push the switch to close the sunroof.

2. Press and hold the TILT UP switch. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. After 10 seconds of depressing, the sunroof will tilt up, then tilt down. Release the button.

3. Press and hold the TILT UP switch again. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. While depressing the switch, the sunroof will "Slide open" "Slide close" "Tilt up" "Tilt down". Release the button after the sunroof "Tilts down" and stops.

4. Initializing procedure is complete. Confirm proper operation of the sunroof (slide open, slide close, tilt up, tilt down.)