CLUTCH/TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

2003 Hyundai Tiburon • 141,000 miles

So I'm trying to diagnose the car above and here's the problem. As my buddy was exiting the freeway, He was down-shifting from freeway speed (65mph.) To stoplight speed. As he shifted from 6th to 5th to 4th to 3rd, he had no issues. As he pushed the clutch pedal in to shift to 2nd he heard a "POP". At that moment, all clutch activity went soft. The clutch pedal went straight to the floor with little to no resistance. The clutch was solidly engaged. So what I thought was hydraulics (since the 2003 tibby GT 6spd is a hydro system). I thought slave cylinder. After replacement and no leakage from the master it still would not shift with the clutch all the way in and bled. I notice from quotes it could be a throwout bearing. What's the awesome advice from the pros? A donation will be in order for the right answer. Thank you in advance guys. I'm normally really good on this. Clutches and tranny's I'm a novice.

-Larry
Norcal

If the pedal goes to the floor and stays there, then if it's not hydraulic then the release bearing has been pushed through the pressure plate or the disc is gone