I HAVE A WITH 83,000 MILES. AFTER I FILL UP WITH GAS, THE CAR SHAKES, THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON, AND IDLES LOW. ANY IDEAS?

2003 Hyundai Accent • 83,000 miles

The car shakes and idles low immediately after I fill up with gas. This continues for about a mile or two down the road, and then stops. It only happens right after I fill up the car with gas; I've never had any other issues. The car doesn't stall out, but it feels like it's close to stalling out. Also, the check engine light comes on while the car is sputtering and shaking like this. The light doesn't stay on long, either. It goes off when the car starts shaking. I thought it might be moisture in the tank, so I tried different fuel system cleaners and octane boosters. Neither helped.

Any ideas?
Nickpaul

Sounds like either you're stirring something up in the tank or you have a bad gas cap.

ProAutoTech