WHAT'S SHOULD BE MY NEXT STEP SHOULD I TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

2003 Honda Accord

03 Honda Accord coupe v6 3.0 v tec eng
Sitting in a parking lot waiting for my girl and daughter car running ac is on pulled out of the parking lot after 5 min of driving car just dies under the hood no smoke no smells but was really low on oil serpentine belt half way shredded car won't start but it's turning over so after towing machanic clams obviouls the serpentine belts shredded clams I might have done the same with my timeline belt after 2 weeks he says my timeing belt fine but have engine damage maybe bent valves? No compression he claims hasn't even changed the serpentine belt yet now my cars apart he claims it needs a new engine but not sure what's enternally damage but 100% sure I need a new engine? Going crazy any help would be greatly appreciated
Jr3dl

When the belt breaks, it bends valves. Depending on piston damage, you may need a new motor but in most cases, we replaced the valves, belts and fluids and send you on your way.

It would be tough for a second opinion as the motor is all apart. The second guy may want no parts of the job since it is already dis assembled.

Ask the shop for options with re built and used motors. Ask him to show you the damage

Timeing belt is fine though

Jr3dl
Then why do you have bent valves?

Exactly my question the machanic is not sure of what's internally damaged he thinks it's bent valves how? He hasn't pulled apart the whole car bit really sure what's apart but I was going into this thinking all I needed was a serpentine belt then later he say I might need a timeing belt but later says my timeing belts fine I don't think this guy knows what he is doing he can't answer my questions what I don't understand he haven't even replaced the serpentine belt yet but clams I have all these other problems but until he takes it all apart he won't know the complete damage he claims might be so what's could have happened what's wrong with my car when it died it was silent no knocking and even when I tryed to restart it sounded fine just wouldn't start that's when I seen the serpentine belt was shredded in half so I had it towed and didn't think all this I researched a lot and the only way the valves could be bent would be my timeing belt going but it hasn't t so it can't be bent valves what could it be I just want my car out of this dudes garage before more shit comes up any ideas what's could be wrong thanks man really appreciate the help

Jr3dl
The serp belt schredding may have damaged the crank sensor. That would make sense on what you are saying.

Get your out of there and to a good shop for an accurate diag and bid for repairs.

Thanks man told him yesterday I will tow it to another garage for a second opinion he says come by his shop with another machanic I don't want this dude putting back together my car what ever he has disassembled wrong or even make my situation worse so should I just tow it as is and just bring parts I plan on going there with two mechanics stressfull times dude wish I was a machanic but he did say something about cranking it over sensor makes sense lets hope good looking out get back at you with further info

Jr3dl
If the serpentine had shredded and slipped behind the timing cover, it can get caught by the timing belt on the sprocket. This can cause the timing belt to jump teeth and damage the valves. The timing belt might still be good but it could be out of time. Ensure the timing belt is synchronised correctly and has not jumped tooth. If the belt is timing is still correct, then Roy is correct, the crank sensor is most probably damaged. Check the sensor wire to see if the shredded serpentine belt had damaged them.

Ok will do thanks

Jr3dl