STEPPER MOTORS

2003 GMC Envoy • 135,000 miles

Can u tell me how to reset the speedo and rpm stepper motors. So they read right.I put new ones in but the dont read right.
Ohio hunter

Is the replacement part correct? What was the problem for replacing it?
What were the trounle codes?
Are ther any trouble codes now?
What do you mean by it is not reading correct?

I put new stepper motors in for the speedo and rpm. Because the old ones were bad and idi not raed right. Now with the new ones in I cant get them set right so the go back to zero. And im not sure why.

Ohio hunter
A fault has been detected in the circuit and you need to check for trouble codes. Programming might be required for the IPC but this cannot be done by generic scan tools. You would need to go to the dealer or someone with a Tech 2 scan tool.

Thank you very much for your help. Ill call the dealer thanks again

Ohio hunter
You're welcome.

One more question if I take the neg battery cable off for a few min and hook it back up will that reset my insturment cluster panel?

Ohio hunter
No mention of such a probabilty but there is no harm trying.

Repair procedures indicates that when the IPC is replaced or you have a fault with the speedometer/odometer, it has to be reprogrammed