FORD TAURUS MECHANIC PROBLEM

2003 Ford Taurus • 230,000 miles

A few months ago, I had my car tuned up by a mechanic that programmed the tune up to 2006 on the computer. In a few days there were major problems beginning with my car. Then I took it to another mechanic that fixed it and it ran like a dream again. Then a day or two later I heard the fizzzzz sound of a vaccuum leak. This car has had a few vaccuum leaks so I recognized the sound immediately.I took car back to the last mechanic and he said the EGR valve was going out. Two days later, I put bad gas in car. In 2 miles the car died. I have replace fuel filter. Fuel pump. EGR valve and air filter. Reset buttom for fuel pump is pushed. Car will not start. It does sound like it is even firing. Can you help?

Scan for codes andcheck fuelpressure first. If it's a vacuum leak it would have to be a large one to not let the car start.