FORD FOCUS CLUTCH PROBLEM

2003 Ford Focus • 65,000 miles

I have a 2003 Ford Focus SVT with a 6 speed manual transmission. Recently, I have noticed that it is hard to get it into gear while driving. The clutch pedal seems a bit loose, but not too much more than usual. Occasionally it has trouble shifting and then sometimes it is completely fine. Once I am on my way there are no other problems when it is up to higher speeds. When the car is off, I am able to shift it into each of the gears easily. This afternoon, I was in the process of driving and trying to shift when it just refused to go into any gear. I finally got it into third gear and into a parking lot. I turned the car off for a few moments and turned it back on and was able to get it into first and second again. I am wondering if this is a problem with my clutch, transmission or both? I am concerned about the hight cost of what it would be if it were indeed a transmission problem. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Eblocker

Check oil level in box, and if clutch take up is right at the top of the pedal travel, the clutch will be due for replacement, get a mechanic to test this for you if you are unsure.

Mhpautos