DO I NEED THE BEARING AND THE HUB OR JUST THE BEARING ?

2003 Ford Focus • 150,000 miles

Hi, I just bought a ford focus zx5 2003 and I noticed that when I am driving, the front tires seem to make quite a bit of noise. Sort of like a humming sound. Im almost positive that it is my bearings. But my question is, Will I only have to buy the ''bearing'' or the ''bearing'' and the ''hub''?
Alexturcotte

Do you have a floor jack and jack stands so we can see if there is a bad bearing?Also have you checked the tires for being cupped etc.

I have a jack that came with the vehicule. What do you mean by cupped? My tires are a bit low profile I would say. But how can I check if the bearing is bad.

Alexturcotte
If you have to replace bearing your going to need a jack stand and real jack to do it safely plus other tools. To check the bearing put the car on jack stands put the car in neutral then put one hand on the coil spring. Use the other hand to spin the tire as fast as you can you will be able to feel/hear the bad bearing. Also run your hand over the tread of the tire feeling for smooth even tread.

Alright thanks ! And also I noticed that my hand brake light seems to stay on even though I released the hand break.

How much do you think it would cost me approx to replace a bearing at a mechanic?

Alexturcotte
Whats your zip code?

J2k3g6

Alexturcotte
Thats not a zip code