SHUTTER IN TRANI.

2003 Ford Explorer • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 13,400 miles

Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a 2003 sport trac adrenaline. This evening while I was driving it (i have it on loan) on 3 occasions it right aque converround the time it shifts to overdrive. I have heard so kinda hall effect sensor, torque converter or it possibly just needing a tune up.
Baileyd3

If it only happens when shifting into OD, it sounds like it could be related to the torque converter. I would recommend having it test driven by a trained transmission mechanic before you purchase it.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "aque converround". Can you explain?

Thank you for your time in answering this question. That is kind the way I was leaning. I did take it to the Trani shop here in Williston Fl and they are in agreement. Dealer didn't expect a girl to go in knowing her stuff. I service all my own vehicles and can diagnose pretty good too it turns out. : ) THANK YOU! They gave me some junk that these models came out with a hard shift in it. BULLLLL a friend of mine owns one and has never had issue.

Baileyd3
Glad to help. Have a great holiday.