DODGE RAM GAS PROBLEM

2003 Dodge Ram • 130,000 miles

Just replaced the heads on the 4.7 started fine no check engine light but sounds like it wants to die if I give it gas it dies any suggestions?
Alfredm8702

What is the fuel pressure?

Wrenchtech
Fuel pressure is fine I had the brake booster line and purge solenoid lines to the throttle body crossed up but I have another issue I let it run for about half an hour and it started to get hot on me should I have burped the system?

Alfredm8702
Of course you have to get the air out of the system if it still has any. Why were the heads replaced in the first place? Was there a previous overheating problem?

Wrenchtech
Yea overheated and replaced everything cooling wise before I went to the head gaskets

Alfredm8702
The head gaskets were just the result of the overheating, not the original cause. You may not have found the original issue yet.

Wrenchtech
Head gaskets were shot anti freeze on the pistons when I pulled them off after draining fluids replaced water pump thermostat radiator fan clutch and fans work fine I'm hoping just air in the system

Alfredm8702
The only way you can be sure to get all the air out is by using a vacuum filler. You might want to consider putting a radiator in it.

Wrenchtech
It has a new radiator but ill try that thank u

Alfredm8702