LOUD FAN NOISE

2003 Dodge Dakota • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 97,000 miles

I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6. When I accelerate from a stop, there is a loud fan noise until I reach about 20-30 mph. From what I gather, it is the fan clutch. I recently had the fan clutch replaced, after which it started making this noise. The mechanic that replaced it said the one I had before was faulty, and that a functioning one should sound this way. He said "It'll sound like the engine is overworking itself, but it's not. It's just the new fan." Is it supposed to act like this, or was I lied to?
Sceastman

Some fan clutch would start noisy as it is engaged and then frees itself until the coolant temperature reaches a certain temperature to engage the clutch.
When the fan clutch is engaged, the noise from it would be louder but it should not be all the time as it is supposed to freewheel slightly when the coolant temperature is not too hot to engage the clutch to a direct drive.

Get a second opinion if possible.

Check with several parts store managers, they will be the ones that see 'em come back for various reasons. They might shed some light on the situation.

The Medic