I HAVE A CODE ON MY ,ANSD ITS P0688, NOW WHAT IS THE AUTO SHUTDOWN FOR AND WHY

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 199,361 miles

I can drive my car just fine but when I turn her off and then try to start her she will not start for like 15 minutes, why is my car doing this
Rleach6@yahoo.com

Next time it refuses to start don't wait look for fuel and spark-also go to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Does it turn over but just not start? Do you hear pump run? Have you tried giving it some gas pedal(dont pump it)?

Fixitmr
I just put in brand new plugs like 2 months ago, and when it would not start I did push the fule injector test port and fule did come out of it. It will start after about 15 minutes, but if I i turn it off then try to leave asap it wont start. I also do hear my fule pump kick on as well.

Rleach6@yahoo.com
Check the fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge to confirm the actual fuel pressure-start here

The fuel port sorry about that

Rleach6@yahoo.com
Yes I have also done that and its at 70 psi

Rleach6@yahoo.com
The fuel pressure is excessive-should be 53-63psi-check the fuel pressure again with and w/o the fuel pressure regulator