CAR CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 130,000 miles

While driving car just died. I have checked the codes and received a p0016 and p0325.I have replaced the knock sensor and camshaft position sensor and the codes cleared. Engine will crank but still not turn over. I smell fuel and hear fuel pump turn on. I partially removed the camshaft timing cover to verify the belt was attached. I had my wife try to start the car while watching the belt on the camshafts and the belt and the camshafts did not move. I was able to pull on the timing belt a little and it seems tight.

Help Please

Brian
Bmiceli74

Go to this walk thru link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

I found that earlier. I have checked everything but compression. Because the camshafts are not turning. In my model car should the camshaft be turning when the crank turns?

Bmiceli74
Wow-if the camshaft is not turning-you won't go nowhere-best check the timing belt/chain

Ok in the process of checking and changing the timing belt. Few questions.

As far as jacking up the engine I read on a site how to do this, but could you offer me some advice on how this should be done?

Also is there a way I can check to see if the timing belt is lined up right without putting the whole car back together?

Bmiceli74
Never done it-refer to owners manual