CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER FUSE PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 149,700 miles

Was not sure how to reply to the previous answer by Roy at ASEMaster6371 but certainly appreciate the initial reply............not sure what the "Fork" is........assume you mean did the actuator fit into the hole properly...........the link provided below is the repair video of installation of the actual part..........seems pretty simple but maybe I will need to remove and reinstall the previous actuator I took out...........although am guessing this will not reslove my lack of engagement into 4wd............hopefully it will at least get the blazer back to being driveable again...........anything else you think it may be? Seemed too easy to replace the actuator......unless I was missing something in the replacement...............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rYKsRRk28

Asked on January 01, 2013
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Engine Problem with 149700 miles
2003 Trailblazer EXT 4wd V.6. Will not engage 4hi or 4lo or awd.......2hi is the only one that works. The lights on the selector Switch blinks over the selection when I turn the selector switch on th dashboard and I can hear the motor but it will not engage the front axle in 4hi or 4lo. The light only stays lit in the 2hi mode. Also the cruise control stopped working. I changed the transfer case/encoder motor last month and still no engagement. I recently changed out the actuator and now the blazer will not drive at all......I can rev it up and get the RPMs but its almost as if the transmission has stopped working altogether. I have checked fuse #8 under the front hood fuse box and also checked fuse #48 under the rear passenger seat.....fuses checked out ok. Would the transmission stop working upon replacing a 4wd front actuator? Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.....

Asked by (pending member)

Answer
Upgrade QuestionFollowFlagAsk a QuestionCar Repair Manual
Replied on January 01, 2013
are you sure the fork is on correctly. it will do this non engagement if it is not properly installed.

Answered by ASEMaster6371 (expert)
11,377 answers provided

HE MAY NOT SEE YOUR NEW QUESTION----UNLESS HE'S SORTA SURFING IN HERE

SIGN IN----TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE

THEN GO BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION

YOU WILL SEE A RESPONSE BOX BELOW THE LAST RESPONSE. YOU WON'T SEE IT IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED IN

COPY AND PASTE IN THE INFO YOU POSTED HERE, INTO THE RESPONSE, OR JUST WRITE SOMETHING NEW IN THERE!----HE WILL BE EMAIL NOTIFIED OF ACTIVITY ON THE POST HE REPLIED TO