CHEVROLET SUBURBAN FUSE PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Suburban • 170,000 miles

Ran fine, went in store and when I came out car started but ran rough for a minute then died. I listened for fuel pump and it didn't come on. I replaced the pump and filter and still won't start. I borrowed a code reader and it had p0300. Rented a fuel pressure gauge and it didn't register any pressure. I hooked it up before and after the fuel filter with no reading but when I unhooked the fuel lines fuel comes out at a decent rate. I checked fuses and grounds and all were good. When I try and look online there is a dozen things people say it could be. I'm looking for a priority order of things it could be. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Supasmooth76

Check for power to the pump. The original pump may have blown the fuse as well.

Thanks for the response. There is power to the pump, I haven't checked with a meter but it pumps fuel up to the pressure regulator but dies after a few seconds.

Supasmooth76
What is the exact pressure?

It registered zero on the gauge. When hooked up to the pressure relief valve it won't jump up to 5 psi when cracking the key but fall back to zero after a second but what confuses me is fuel would pump out if I unhooked the line.

Supasmooth76