TOOK MY CHEVY 1500 5.3L V8 TO HAVE BRAKES DONE DEALER SUGGESTED OTHER THINGS NOW DRIVES POORLY. HELP?

2003 Chevrolet Silverado • 84,500 miles

First time I took the truck in The dealer replaced front brake pads and turned rotors, replaced rotors and rear pads. They also changed right and left front axle seals, 4x4 diff service, replaced power steering pump shaft seal and suggested a transmission service( that I declined and had serviced (fluid changed) elsewhere ). Truck felt fine until I drove it at high speeds 50+. The left front wheel hummed(you could hear every revolution) and the gas pedal and cab floor vibrated. The truck also lacked its get up and go. It seemed to hesitate when driving. I took the truck back to the dealer. They said everything looks fine there is some feathering of your tires and they may need balancing. Okay. And we suggest a tune up, fuel injector cleaning and a tire rotation (tires last taken care of 7,000 miles ago rotate and alingment). I drove it home seems better until I drive it 30 miles at 50+ speeds. There is still a vibration coming from the front drivers side tire there is also a ticking noise that comes and goes from the right of the gas pedal. Could any of the work performed be to blame? I have to take it back again and I am trying to educate myself as much as possible. I spent 2400. And I expected my truck to run great. Thank you so much with any help. Holly Q.
03hq9906

I would have them check the lf hub bearing. It sounds like it has failed and is making the noise. Did it do this prior to the repair?

The dealer needs to take it out and get to 50+ to hear the noise.

No the truck did not do this before the repairs. Drove smoothly.

Holly

03hq9906
Bring this to the attention of the service manager. He needs to understand that something happened when the tech replaced the seal on the left front. They need to help you here.

Had same problem with my 03 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 truck was under warranty thankfully took it to local Mr Goodhead explained the problem. Service idiot said the hum and vibration was caused by out of balance tires and the ticking noise was caused by the Westin brush guard I had installed rattling around, asked wtf how does that affect this problem. His answer (did it rattle when new, or just after you put your fancy duhickey on right) his exact words mind you! Nearly pissed myself from laughing at the dipshit took the free ballance and wash anyway two days later I destroyed the left front wheel assembly towing my boat home complete brake failure bearings spindle caliper rotor it basically welded itself together. Total repair costs to me 0$ to Mr goodhead 3600$+towing twice 275$+$400 shop not open on Sundays guess who greeted me at the door still wanted to slap the sob. But he had some ass kissin to do, not my ass, the service manager head DS. So please dont let this happen too you. Doubt its under warranty 4500$ in 04 probably a grand more in today's $ btw truck has been nearly perfect since 46786 miles on her now 4k when this happened. Thanks know this wasn't helpful but hope ya got a chuckle! Gascap

Gascap