CHEVY ISSUE

2003 Chevrolet Silverado • V8 4WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado - I turned the engine off tonight and there was a noice coming frim underneath the truck as if there was a fan running. I tried to start and shut off the truck but it is still running now - 1 hour and 45 minutes after I shut off the truck. Any ideas?
Tom1971

Do you think it's the heater blower or the engine cooling fan?

Fixitmr
I dont know - Would those be underneath? I opened the hood and the noise is defnitely not the fan and not coming from the engine block. Wehn I started it back up, I noticed the ABS light stayed on and the vibration/noise amplified the engine nose alot.

Tom1971
Could be your ABS motor running when you shut it off. There should be a fuse for abs if you pull it it will quit.

Fixitmr
Rumor has it it's the ABS module has failed. A common problem in these vehicles.

Fixitmr
Too late, just checked and the battery is dead. Will try that tomorrow. Thank you!

Tom1971