CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO STEERING PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 139,000 miles

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Im having problems with my 03 Monte Carlo LS Headlights. The other night they were working perfectly. I parked the car and shut it off. When I went to start it up the lights didnt turn on as they usually do. When I manually attempted to pull the switch so that the lights would come on, nothing happened. The only way for the headlamps to come on is the pull the lever on the steering column in which the high beams came on, however would not stay on. All other light work, fog, interior, turn signals, brakes, etc. Just not the high/low beams. And this vehicle does have a day/night sensor that automatically turns on the lights.

I've checked my fuses, Relays, Bulbs, connections, and other common problems. The last thing I think it could be would be the light switch on the steering column. Any feedback/troubleshooting would be a great help.