'03 CHEVY

2003 Chevrolet Malibu • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 12,100 miles

My 2003 chevy malibu won't start. It registers low fuel, but there is a half a tank or better in there. I tried resetting the theft system, but that didn't help. Also the battery light, and oil light are not coming on when its in the acc or on position. My husband also recently replaced our car battery. Any ideas what it could be?
Heatherandstacy57

Is the security light on?Do you power door locks and keyless entry work if you have them?Is the starter turning the engine over?Did you make sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Did you have the battery tested even though it was recently replaced doesnt mean its good.

Yes the security light is on. The door locks work and the starter is turning over the engine and the battery is good and the terminals are clean.

Heatherandstacy57
Sounds like you could have a bad body control module. How did you try to reset the security light?

First I unhooked the battery when that didnt work I put the key into the auxillary setting for fifteen min. Security light is still on

Heatherandstacy57
Give what I posted a try?

The security light is off but the car still wont start

Heatherandstacy57
The fuel gauge is reading empty but their is more than half a tank of gas in it

Heatherandstacy57
Because of the no start and the fuel gauge inop I suspect a bad bcm. Anyway you can rent a scanner and see if you have any codes?

I was wondering what CAL meens cause every time I try to start the car that comes up on the radio before switching back to the time

Heatherandstacy57
Cal is usually short for calibration.