ALL WHEEL DRIVE

2003 Buick Rendezvous • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 90 miles

My BUICK REAUNDEVUES 2003 V6, AWD DISENGAGEDE light and ANTI LOCK light keeps going on. I checked the fluid levels and they are ok. In the Maint. Manual it shows two images of the all wheel drive aparatus. Is ther some other places I need to check for fluid levels besides under the hood? We have taken this vehicle to two Dealerships. There is also a grinding noise when we make slow Mostly right turns with the foot on the brake. The breaks were just redone resently
Asked by Stan Burris

Replied on August 18, 2011
A fault code will be stored in the abs module, scanning it for the code(s) is the starting point for diagnoses, with your vehicle, when a abs fault code is stored, the system shuts down along with all wheel drive. A very common problem with that vehicle is a wheel speed sensor failing. But would need scan to be sure.

As for noise, sounds like possible worn out brakes, or could be possible bearing.
Answered by PROTECH1980 (expert)

Question?

We live in the Ventura, Ca area. Who do you recomend we go to, and get us a fair Ball Park estimate as to the cost for running this test?

The Oxnard GMC Dealer wouldn't give us a fair price, nor a reasonable answer asto how to repair the problem.

Stan Burris

Re post this on the original post and the tech that assisted you (PROTECH1980 will get it direct and should be able to assist you further.

Mhpautos