BIO DIESEL FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM FAULT, PLEASE HELP?

2003 BMW X5

Hi

I have a BMW X5 e53 3.0D on from the year 2003.

I have just encountered a problem today. I will tell what has happened, and hopefully someone can HELP?

I used biodiesel for the first time yesterday by a mix of about 50/50 regular diesel to bio diesel, (I know I probably should have used more diesel now). A day later the car went into limp mode on a bank and slowly got to the top, the problem then went and the car drove as normal.

A day later than that I drove the car for about 10 miles and on the same bank (coincidence?) The car went back into limp mode and eventually lost all power and came to a stop, with a note on the onboard computer saying 'fuel inject problem'.

The car now starts sometimes or doesn't even start. I have used some diesel injector cleaner (Redex) to no success.

I am waiting for a new fuel filter to arrive which will be changed.

Has anyone ever had the same problem?
Does anyone know a possible fix for this?

I greatly appreciate all help from everyone, big or small so thanks in advance.

Sean
Seanbage

Most likely what's happened is you bought biodiesel that wasn't properly processed and filtered. My daughter's ex-boyfriend used to use biodiesel exclusively in his GMC pickup and never had a problem with the fuel system.

Rivermikerat
Thanks for answer rivermikerat.

My dad has been using the same in his BMW 320D, that's why I thought it would have been ok. How did your daughters ex boyfriend fix the problem?

Thanks again

Seanbage
He never had a problem. It ran wonderfully. The only problem was that the french fry smell would make us hungry. : )

Try checking the fuel pressure. Make sure you hear the injectors pulsing during startup.

Rivermikerat