BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MASTER POWER WINDOW SWITCH MODULE IN THE DRIVER'S DOOR ARM REST IN MY WIFE'S XC. STARTED A FEW MONTHS AGO WHEN ONE OF THE WINDOWS SUDDENLY WENT DOWN AND WOULDN'T COME BACK UP. FINALLY TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP,

2002 Volvo V70 • 130,000 miles

Been having trouble with the master power window switch module in the driver's door arm rest in my wife's 2002 Volvo V70 XC. Started a few months ago when one of the windows suddenly went down and wouldn't come back up. Finally took it to the dealership, after noticing a "clicking" coming from the door and having the battery get repeatedly drained. The dealership confirmed the module was defective. I ordered a used replacement module on Ebay. It arrived today: I was hoping just unplugging the old one and plugging in the new one would solve the problem. When I plugged in the new one: NOTHING. None of the window switches worked, nor did the side view mirror controls or the driver's door keyless entry. All other doors will lock and unlock with the keyless. I read somewhere that I may have to have a dealer "reprogram" the car's computer to recognize the replacement part. Can you help?
MrLanders

I do not believe the used control module will be able to be programmed since it already has software in it and is configured to the vehicle it came out from. You would need to replace the module with a new one and have it programmed to the vehicle. Sorry I could not have given you a much better answer?

JIS001