VALVE STEM SEAL LEAKE - 4 CYLINDER

2002 Toyota Camry • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 105 miles

2002 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder - Is there an easy way to repair a valve stem seal leakage? I dont want to take it to the dealership due to the high cost.
Amanca

Cylinder head must come off no easy way try an independent shop

Docfixit
Whats the problem with car, who told you stem leaks?

Fixitmr
It would be unusual for a seal to be bad on an '02.

Sypmtoms would be blue smoke on startup, then goes away.

Mmprince4000
I bought a 2002 Camry new. I noticed smoke upon cold start after a year and took it in. They said the engine was breaking in, it was normal. I believed it. I get in the car to drive to a destination, and don't think about checking to see if there is smoke behind! A couple approached me after I started my car in a public parking lot, last year and told me my car was belching white smoke, they had a 2002 and it does the same thing. Toyota mechanics have said it sounds like bad valve stem seals, and that they have no record of me bringing it in for repair before! Sigh. I wish someone else alerted me much earlier, or I insisted they do more than say its the engine breaking in. At toyotanation. Com--there are several other 2002 camry owners saying the same thing. It seems to be a problem!

JBeeC
So are you losing oil? Do you have to add often? Oil is not usually white but bluish! Toyota's are goin to the dogs? And they try and hide the facts and make the customer pay. It's the kind of world we are living in these days! You could try some oil additives to combat the issue if it's oil related?

Fixitmr
It is white, and no, it hasn't been losing oil. Thanks.

JBeeC
Coolant loss?

Docfixit
White smoke is most always associated with raw gas or engine coolant.

Fixitmr