WHAT TRANSMISSIONS ARE COMPTABLE WITH A

2002 Toyota Camry • 290,000 miles

I need to replace my transmission. Are there other camrys that have a trnsmission the same as my 2002?
Rachelmartinell

Nope, product specific. You will have to replace with the same as it has computer controls.

What issue are you having?

There are others that might fit but you need the model code for trans to match.

First my car would shake when it was in reverse. And this happened before. I took my car to the toyota dealership to fix the shift solenids. That cost a crap load of money. And now it is doing the same stuff again! But the other day it wouldn't go when it was in drive. Instead of having a hard time shifting from second to third. It wouldn't go into first gear. Its an automatic. I just want to fix it so I don't have to worry about having this problem again. Because I just spent all of that money back in March!

Rachelmartinell
Most likely will have to be removed and re built. Check around for estimates. They will vary. Dealer will be the highest, look at major chains for a bid as well.

A rebuild would be a better option than replacing with a used unit. It should give you a few troubleless years.