ERROR CODES P1410 AND P0304 OCCURRED AFTER FAILING TO PROPERLY RECONNECT WIRES. CONNECTIONS RE-ESTABLISHED, BUT WARNING LIGHTS PERSIST.

2002 Toyota Camry • 86,000 miles

I tried to replace the spark plugs in my 02 camry xle v6. I gave up when seeing that the rear plugs are too far behind the intake manifold then is worth my effort, and decided I would just pay to have it done. When I reconnected all the wiring, My check engine light, VCS light, and Tracs Off light came on and my car was stuttering. I took a look and found 2 loose connections - one was the connection to the EGR valve and the other was a spark plug wire (I think). After fixing the connection errors, the car stopped stuttering and everything seemed to be fine, but the warning lights were still on. I took the car to Autozone to diagnose the check engine light, and got error codes p1410 and p0304, which doesn't surprise me since one is an EGR valve position sensor circuit malfunction, and the other is a cylinder misfire on cylinder 4. I am wondering that since the connections have been re-established if I have anything to worry about and can just re-calibrate the check engine light and VCS and Tracs Off Lights
Davisbcarlisle

Do you still have a check engine light? Indicating the EGR and the misfiring cylinder.

Yes, the check engine light is still on, as are the VCS and Tracs off Lights.

Davisbcarlisle
Clean out the EGR valve and also check no4 sparkplug, compression and injector

Thanks, how can I locate the no4 spark plug? Not sure how they are numbered.

Davisbcarlisle
Also, any opinion on how serious this is, what I should do in the short-term?

Davisbcarlisle
See below

Remove V-bank cover and remove ignition coil-the sparkplugs are underneath the coils

Try erasing the trouble codes first. When trouble codes are present, they do not go off by themselves even if the problem had been fixed.