IS THE THROTTLE BOX PART OF THE ENGINE

2002 Saturn Vue • 121,000 miles

I had a used engine put it the vehicle and the reduced power light kept coming on which was the orginal problem and now the mechanic wants me to pay more money to replace the throttle box.
Lucydurham

Sounds like he's talking about the throttle body

Throttle body. No, it is not part of the long block but the intake which he most likely changed from your bad motor.

He is not responsible for failed parts from your original motor.

Was there a throttle body on the used motor he could use?

What happened to the old motor?

Ok is a throttle body part of the engine

/

Lucydurham
If I really got another motor why didn't I get all the pieces of the motor and why does it take 10 weeks to put a used motor in a car.

Lucydurham
Depends on the junkyard that pulled it out. Only they can answer that question.

No, the throttle body is part of the intake which may have been the same as yours.

As I asked, did the other motor have one on it?

I have no idea. The only thing I know is that this mechanic has had my car for a total of 13 weeks now. When I call he is never there and he never returns my call. I now am not sure if he even put another motor in my car or not I already paid him 2000.00 dollars and now he is trying to get more money out of me and all this time I don't have a car. I am regretting my decision to try and save the car and do not know what I should do now

Lucydurham
My suggestion is to remove the car from his shop now as you have paid him. Take it to another shop for an evaluation and see if the work is done. If not, then you have a legal case against him

13 weeks is a long time. We keep them for about 2 weeks, driving it for 3 or 4 days.

Thanks Roy

Lucydurham
Good luck

Just to add to this one there is a vin number on the engine if it matches the cars vin he did not change the engine. Also which engine do you have the v6 or 4cyl one?