SERVICE WRENCH LIGHT...

2002 Saturn Vue

Hello, I have a 2002 Saturn Vue AWD V6 Automatic, when I put it in any gear Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive the Service light with the wrench comes on after a few seconds, it doesn't matter if the engine is on or off it does the same effect. Transmission fluid and every other fluid is fine, not leaking starts and shifts fine. Any ideas on what could be the culprit?
X2006nzl

Have the computer scanned for trouble codes. Most parts stores will do it for free.

Alright thanks, will do i'm also looking for a scanner that will scan the codes for me I have a generic scanner that only scans the service engine soon codes. Will the Autel MaxiScan MS509 Scanner It says in the description it scans manufacturer specific
(P1, P3, and U1) codes?

X2006nzl
They should, but I would confirm it first.

Thanks, in the meantime while i'm waiting for the scanner could it be a loose wire by the shifter console or any idea where to start to look?

X2006nzl
I would suggest waiting for the scan. Chances are it will lead you to the problem.

Just to add to this one the generic scanner you have will read the same codes the scanner your looking at will read. The difference with the new scanner is it will read some of the pcms live data readings and will do graphing of some the sensors on certain cars.I have seen those vues set some shift interlock solenoid codes due to the connector wires inside the insulation breaking. If memorey serves right those codes would start with a B which is set in the body control module. Which the scanner you posted the link for wont read. Have you scanned it for codes with your generic scanner you have?If so what are the exact code numbers it read?That is if you found any codes?

Hello, yes I scanned with my generic scanner but it only scans check engine codes not service wrench codes. So what i'm going to do tommorrow is take the center console out the attached picture is where I should check the wires and connection?
Thanks for your help

X2006nzl
I never said to remove the console and check those wires I said you need to check the codes. Some of the codes that turn the wrench light on you can read with the generic scanner and some you cant.I was just sharing my expernice I have seen with those. You really need to get it scanned for codes your going to have to take it to a shop to have that done. Otherwise were just guessing.