ENGINE CODES

2002 Saturn SL2 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 250,000 miles

I have a 2002 Saturn SL2 that has codes PO 341 Camshaft position sensor, also it reports a problem with secondary air injection reactor, and o2 sensor bank 1, Any help would be appreciated in removing these codes, the car still runs with these codes present.

Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew1

The most common cause of a code p0341 is black carbon on the spark plug's and the spark plug wire end's also corroded coil tower's where the wire's go on.I need you to give me the exact code number's you have for the other code's. Let me know.

The codes showing up are; PO 341, PO 133, & PO 410.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew1
The P0133 is usually a bad front o2 sensor the one screwed into the exhaust manifold.I posted the info on that code. When you start the car when it's cold pay attention and see if you can hear the air injection pump turn on then turn off in like 30 seconds. Let me know what you find.

Possible causes of DTC P0133: * An intermittent connection or corrosion in the O2S-1 harness connector can set this DTC. Use Scan tool to monitor O2S-1 voltage with engine running at normal operating temperature while wiggling the signal and ground wire. Make sure the sensor is tight.
* The most probable cause for DTC P0133 is contamination. Check for obvious contamination (oil, fuel or engine coolant) by removing sensor. Identify and correct the cause of the contamination if contaminated. Replace the O2S-1.

You mentioned a fix to the codes PO 341 & 133, but I am also showing PO 410 as a fault code.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew1
Yes you did mention a code p0410 which is air injection that's why I said to you. When you start the car when it's cold pay attention and see if you can hear the air injection pump turn on then turn off in like 30 seconds. That air injection code is a pain to diagnose without a tech2 scan tool with the correct software to run the air injection test. That tool is really expensive so I was trying to work around using that tool if we could so that's why I asked you what I did about the air injection pump. After I get that answer I will ask you to do the next step. Let me know what you find.