WHAT COULD IT BE

2002 Saturn SL1 • 4 cylinder Automatic • 117,000 miles

I have a saturn sl1. It ran great then all of a sudden it was like it didnt want to shift but if I let off the gas it went ahead and just shifted fine. Now it not only acts like it doesnt want to shift but the rpms shoot up and the car lunges and surges like it isnt getting enough gas. And has gotten so it wont go above 45mph and wont gain speed at all if on an incline. Like it doesnt want to accelerate at all. If u could give me any insight I would greatly appreciate it. This has also happened in a short period of time
Harpsimageri

It sounds like a plugged cat with the won't shift till you let off the gas and the lack of power and won't climb a hill or go over 45 mph.I would go to a exhaust shop and have them perform a exhaust back pressure test. Also do you have any trouble codes in the computer?

I havent had codes checked yet. Just found I could have autozone do it. So will let you know when I find out. Thank you for answering and I will have that checked

Harpsimageri
Please let me know the exact code numbers if there are any. Also get a back pressure test on your exhaust.