WHAT CAUSE'S A WEIRD VIBRATION AND NOISE IN THE ENGINE BAY?

2002 Saturn SC2 • 233,000 miles

There is a weird vibration and noise that comes from the engine bay area. When idling it sounds fine but when you give it gas you can here the vibration noise but I can not pin point it. Sounds like its coming from the passenger side of motor. And when you get into it around 3500 rpm's or higher you dont here it anymore either. Any idea's?
Iowan86

Have you checked your upper engine mount yet the one by the coolant tank?Really common for those to colasp tear etc.

It is torn but I didnt think that alone would cause it to make that much noise at low take rpm, but then none at higher rpm and none at idle.

Iowan86
I have seen torn mounts only make noise and strange vibrations when only turning left. They can do strange things sometimes. If its torn/colasped I would change it thats where I would start and go from there. Let me know what happens after changing it.

Thats all that it was, I changed the top motor mount today and the noise and vibration is completely gone. Thank you!

Iowan86
Your welcome thats what were here for.I figured thats all it was I have seen those mounts make all kinds of noises.