INSTRUMENT PANEL GLITCHES

2002 Saturn L300 • 148,000 miles

My instrument panel is glitching. Lights go on and off on the dash. Speedometer goes on and down while driving. Temperature gauge and gas gauge do not work. Sunroof doesnt work. Service amd check engine lights are on. Ran the codes and nothing comes up. Dont know what to do. It looks like someone installed speaker systems. Checked fuses, all are good including sunroof. Rpms are glitching too.
Randum

Need help, dont want it to get worse.

Randum
Usually with the gas gauge and temp gauge inop its usually a bad body control module which is very common on that car.I have replaced a ton of them on that car. As far as the cluster freaking out I would suspect the body control module. The sun roof doesnt run thru the body control module though you have a couple of different problems. Did you just buy the car?

Yes just purchased the car.

Randum
If it is the body control module you will have to take it to the dealer to have it replaced it has to be programed with a calibration file the correct mileage etc.

Your sure that it has to go to the dealer? Who has a saturn dealer anymore?

Randum
Iam postive you have to go the dealer I worked for the saturn dealer for many years and I had to use the service stall to program the bcm like I was talking about earlier.A gm dealer can replace and program it there service stall has listing for saturn cars. They can program the mileage calibration file etc.

Any idea on costs? And thank you sooo much by the way!

Randum
http://www.rockauto.com has one for 283 plus shipping you could save some money ordering the body control yourself.That is if they let you do that.I would say the labor would be about 1.5hrs times there shop labor rate.Also diagnoses to make sure its the body control module.I have old tester body control modules that i replaced that were bad thats how i was able find bad body control modules fast.I labeled them why i replaced them and was able to easly tell if it was a bad body control module.