COOLANT PROBLEMS

2002 Saturn L300 • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 167,000 miles

Car had an oil lead, took to mechanic he changed the boot of the axle. Had an oil changed next day it was leaking again, this time watery type of leak, mechanic said it leaked on the frame and rain water draining. Drove the car 10 miles, drove fine gauges were working. When car came to stop it reved up and notice a mily leak seems like fan not working usually it stops on and off. Checked the engine saw splatters of milky brown stuff on coolant reservoir, checked oil too but is clear.
Marynewbury

So do you have oil in your coolant?

Yes, there was coolant on the resevior and it was on the ground as well. The car started fine. Checked oil but it is clear. Just had oil changed thursday of last week. Do you think this is a costly fix.

Marynewbury
I was asking you if you had oil in the coolant?You mention milky brown coolant.

Yes, oil in coolant

Marynewbury
Oil in the coolant on that engine all the case's of that I have seen have been a leaky oil cooler that is under the intake manifold under the oil cooler plate that sits in the coolant. You would have to remove the oil cooler and see if it's leaking. That is where I would start the hard part is going to be flushing all that oil out of the coolant.