WE HAVE A AND WERE TRYING TO REPLACE FUEL PUMP.. WE BOUGHT THE FUEL PUMP KIT AND WAS GOING TO BUT IN THE NEW PUMP AND STRAINER.. WHEN WE WERE TAKING OUT THE OLD ASSEMBLY FROM THE CAR AND THE RETURN PORT BROKE (THE PLASTIC PIECE ON TOP OF

2002 Saturn L200 • 105,000 miles

We have a 2002 saturn l200 and were trying to replace fuel pump. We bought the fuel pump kit and was going to but in the new pump and strainer. When we were taking out the old assembly from the car and the return port broke (the plastic piece on top of the housing) where the return line hooks up to the fuel pump. What can we do to fix this. Since we have all new inards for replacing fuel pump but reusing fuel pump assembly. Thanks
Robtrella77

Easiest is to return the individual parts and just buy the complete drop-in unit. That's what most mechanics do to save their customers money. It costs more for the part but it takes much less time and the reliability of the repair is higher. They run into these kinds of problems all the time and know how to avoid them. It saves people money in the long run, but then they get accused of installing more expensive parts, and that leads to their undeserved bad reputation.

"Welcome to our world".

We bought off ebay. Assembly kit to replace all parts on inside. We cant return. What is the piece called that we need? The sending unit or what? Since we have all the insides to replace all we need it outside plastic housing but we dont know what it is called to look it up online and buy it. It seems like there has to be a way to buy the outside plastic unit since we have all new insides, if you know please get back with me, thanks

Robtrella77
Just to add to this one its very common for that nipple to break I have had many of those nipples break on me when replacing the fuel sending units. Also they break and leak fuel all the time I have replaced many of the fuel pump modules for that. Also the rods that are spring loaded on the module the retaining tabs break away from the module. So its really not a good idea to try to just replace the fuel pump without replacing the whole module assembly. Also I have only seen the whole fuel pump model assembly for sale.I have never really seen just the fuel pump itself for sale.I know they dont sell just the fuel pump module housing seperate. Your going to have to by the whole assemby. If you want I can help you find the best price on one. There about 230 if you order them online I just bought one for a friend.

Hi saturntech9. You have a friend? .... What's it like?

Here's a photo from rockauto. Com I added the pretty arrows. If one of those plastic nipples broke off, I would suggest it's all over but the sniveling. Those are most likely molded in and not replaceable separately. I'm sure someone has tried gluing them with JB Weld or epoxy, but I know no mechanic would risk his reputation on that type of repair, at least not where fuel is involved.

Yeah I have a few true friends which are hard to come by these days lol.I found it cheaper then rock auto though nice doodling though lol.